Mites in Soil
Contains 5 interactive keys for the identification of 101 families of soil mites.
This product is currently unavailable
Mites in Soil contains 5 interactive keys for the identification of 101 families of soil mites, and more than 60 higher-level taxa of soil micro-arthropods and related groups (Onycophora, Tardigrada).
The five keys are:
- Classes and Orders of Microarthropods in Soil (31 classes and orders)
- Mites in Soil - Orders, Suborders, Cohorts (31 suborders and cohorts)
- Families of Protostigmata in Soil (43 families)
- Families of Parasitiformes in Soil (46 families)
- Endeostigmata and Sphaerolichida (12 families).
". . . definitely an interesting and valuable product on the emerging market of interactive computer identification tools . . . It provides a unique experience of data arrangement and contains a lot of ecological, faunistic and taxonomical information about soil mites of Australia."
Andrei S Zaitsev, Justus-Liebig-University, Germany (Experimental and Applied Acarology v.30 no.4, 2003)
- Quick and easy identification by order of major groups of soil organisms, many critical determinants of ecosystem health.
- Information on classification of Acari (mites); differences between types of identification tools; how to extract, preserve and prepare mites (and other microarthropods) for identification; and how to study living mites.
- Coverage of morphology, behaviour and ecology of mites is given in the introduction to each key.
- Over 2000 line drawings, photos and colour-enhanced scanning electron micrographs.
- The latest Lucid Player version 2.1 with HTML facilities including web searching.
- Windows 95, NT or higher
- 32 Mb of RAM
- SVGA monitor (1024 × 768 recommended)
- CD-ROM drive