Zoological Catalogue of Australia Volume 29.5
This catalogue of the buprestids found in Australia documents four subfamilies, 24 tribes, 37 subtribes, 77 genera and 1205 species.
The Buprestoidae, commonly known as Jewel Beetles, are the eighth largest family of beetles in the world. This Catalogue of the buprestids found in Australia documents four subfamilies, 24 tribes, 37 subtribes, 77 genera and 1205 species. + Full description
Full taxonomic information is provided, with the original literature as well as museum data on the original type specimens. For all species known to occur in the Australian fauna, broad distributions are indicated, and, where possible, a short summary of known ecological data is given. References are given to key works that can help identify the fauna at all taxonomic levels. A set of four colour plates illustrates a representative of each subtribe in this often colourful group.
Awarded a Certificate of Commendation in the 2003 Whitley Awards in the category of Best Zoological Series.- Short description
- gives access to names, taxonomic and nomenclatural information, statistics, distributions of species and their ecology
- contains four pages of high quality colour illustrations
- provides information on type data and whereabouts of type species
- references the literature for keys and identification tools.
- compiled and reviewed by world experts
ContentsCovers the four buprestid sub-families: