The Authoritative Guide to Australia’s Mangrove PlantsEdited by:
The authoritative guidebook to the mangrove plants found in Australian coastal waters.
Australia’s Mangroves is the authoritative guidebook to the mangrove plants found in Australian coastal waters – covering all ‘mangrove’ States and Territories. + Full description
Mangroves are a common coastal habitat occupying more than 18% of the Australian coastline. The book helps demystify this often misunderstood habitat, showing the diversity and special attributes of plants and animals that live there, plus the many benefits and services they provide.
The book is designed to be practical and easily portable with over 500 colour photographs, supplemented with clearly illustrated keys including the ‘wheel’, an innovative water-proof field key. There are also detailed botanical descriptions, distribution maps, and flowering/fruiting charts.- Short description
DetailsHardback | December 2006 | $ 55.00
ISBN: 9780646461960 | 200 pages | 225 x 155 mm
Publisher: University of Queensland
- Includes a water-proof identification key for field use
- Descriptions of 41 Australian plant species
- Illustrated keys for easy identification, plus full distribution maps
- More than 500 colour photographs
- State & Territory sections with local specialist contributions