Powering the Green Economy
The Feed-in Tariff Handbook
Provides a broad and detailed resource on feed-in tariffs and other renewable energy support schemes.
Effective policy is vital for creating greener economies, new jobs and industries, for securing energy supplies and for protecting the climate and environment. As renewable energy is fundamental to achieving all of these objectives, it too needs the best possible policy to drive it. Feed-in tariffs have proven to deliver the fastest, most cost-effective and inclusive deployment, by allowing anyone to sell renewable energy into the grid and get a long term, guaranteed return for it. This book, from authors who have spent years working on feed-in tariff design and advocacy, provides a broad and detailed resource on feed-in tariffs and other renewable energy support schemes. It shares many lessons on good and bad design and implementation, as well as discussing the challenges faced by policy, and renewable energy in general.
Written in a clear, practical style, this is a must-read for policymakers, businesses, investors, campaigners, academics, community groups and anyone concerned with creating successful and sustainable energy policy.
"This book should be essential reading for any government committed to a more sustainable energy path. For it is clear from numerous country case studies that feed-in tariffs are among a suite of smart and effective market mechanisms able to catalyze a transition to a low-carbon, innovation-led Green Economy."
Achim Steiner, UN Under-Secretary General and UN Environment Programme Executive Director
- Situates renewable energy and feed-in tariffs within the context of the global moves towards a green economy
- Provides an introduction to feed-in tariffs and brings developments in key countries around the world up to date
- Investigates effective design for developed and emerging economies
- Explores technical, social and political issues
- Analyses other support schemes
- Describes the barriers to renewable energy
- Presents a blueprint for campaigning successfully for feed-in tariffs