Climate Change Denial
Heads in the Sand
This book shows how we can break through denial, accept reality, and thus solve the climate crisis.
This book shows how we can break through denial, accept reality, and thus solve the climate crisis. The authors examine the nature of climate change denial, its history, how we let denial prosper, and how we can roll back denial. It summarises the climate science and explains uncertainty and probability. It also explains the social science behind denial. + Full description
Climate Change Denial contains a detailed examination of the principal climate change denial arguments, from attacks on the integrity of scientists, to impossible expectations of proof and certainty to the cherry picking of data.
Climate change can be solved – but only when we cease to deny that it exists. It will engage scientists, university students, climate change activists as well as the general public seeking to roll back denial and act.- Short description
- Arms readers with the arguments and evidence to accept reality and roll back climate change denial
- Adapted from the popular Sceptical Science iPhone App - a finalist in the Nokia Calling All Innovators App competition
- Identifies the main climate change denial arguments – and their sources in the denial industry
- Presents a concise summary of climate science, and explains uncertainty and probability and the social science of why we deny climate change
Contents1. Denial and the Nature of Science
2. Climate science
3. The Five Types of Climate Change Denial
4. The History of Denial
5. Do We Let Denial Prosper?
6. Rolling Back Denial - the Big Picture
7. Rolling Back Denial - the Technological Solutions
Summary and Conclusion