CSIRO Publishing recognises and values the significant investment of time and expertise by peer reviewers to ensure that the research we publish is of the highest standard.
We provide our reviewers with recognition in a number of ways, which vary between journals:
- Inclusion in an annual list of reviewers, published on the journal website
- A certificate to confirm the review contribution (upon request)
- Complimentary online access to the journal for a specific time period
- Partnering with Web of Science to provide official recognition of your peer review contributions.
What is Web of Science recognition?
Web of Science Reviewer Recognition is a free service which helps you record, verify, and showcase your contributions, alongside your publications and editorial work within a Web of Science-branded profile. The Reviewer Recognition service ensures that reviewer anonymity is maintained, in accordance with journal policies.
What are the benefits?
We encourage our reviewers to take advantage of the benefits offered through Web of Science Reviewer recognition:
- Keep a verified record of every peer review you do
- Connect with editors and raise your profile as an expert in your field
- Capture a complete picture of your publications, citation metrics, awards, verified peer review and journal editing history
- Download or link to a record summarising your scholarly impact as an author, editor and peer reviewer
- Link your ORCID iD to automatically export your review history to your ORCID profile
- Read more here.
How does it work?
Reviews performed for our journals can be instantly added to your Web of Science profile as you submit them. Simply follow these steps:
- Check the box on the review submission form asking if you wish to add a record of the review to Web of Science*
- Follow the link in the confirmation email
- In your Web of Science profile settings, you can choose to 'Automatically add reviews from partnered journals’ which means all you need to do in future is check the box in the review submission form
- If you select ‘No’ to adding a record through ScholarOne, you can later record your review by forwarding any ‘Thank you for reviewing’ emails directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data relating to historic reviews will also be provided, giving you the option to claim recognition for past review activity.
*If you opt in to the Web of Science Reviewer Recognition service, data about this review (including your name and the contents of the review) will be transferred to Web of Science and used in accordance with journal policies. You may opt out of the service at any time.
By default, the content of reviews for CSIRO Publishing journals will not be publicly displayed by Web of Science, and only the year of the review and the journal name will be shown on reviewer profiles.
For further information visit the Web of Science Reviewer Recognition page.
The Web of Science Reviewer Recognition service was formerly known as Publons. In 2022 the Publons branded product and services migrated into the Clarivate portfolio, under the Web of Science brand.