Journal authors may choose to publish their work using our Open Access service.
Your Open Access work:
- may be viewed for free by anyone with an internet connection anywhere in the world
- may be used, copied and transmitted for non-commercial purposes by anyone subject to acknowledgement of the author and journal
- may be augmented with supplementary material (additional files including text, sound and images)
- will be registered with CrossRef and will be uploaded to the appropriate abstracting and indexing services
- will appear in all available versions (electronic, paper) of the journal, and will be marked as Open Access
Choosing Open Access:
- does not influence peer review - you choose Open Access only after your work is accepted for publication
- does not affect editorial decisions - you will still receive expert editorial advice to improve your work
- does not change the way your work is handled through production phases - you will still enjoy our excellent professional service
You will be notified of the option to choose Open Access when your work is accepted. You will be asked to make your choice at the proof stage.
All Open Access content can be used, copied and transmitted for non-commercial purposes by anyone including authors, subject to proper attribution for the author and journal. For further information see Copyright/Licence to Publish.
Open Access Author Fees
The peer review and publishing services applied to your work incur costs. Since these costs cannot be recovered from subscription revenue for Open Access content, we charge Open Access Author Fees. Fees vary by journal. The table below indicates the Open Access Author Fees.
|Journal||Open Access Author Fee|
|Animal Production Science||$3000|
|Australian Health Review||$3000|
|Australian Journal of Botany||$3000|
|Australian Journal of Chemistry||$3000|
|Australian Journal of Zoology||$3000|
|Australian Systematic Botany||$3000|
|Crop & Pasture Science||$3000|
|Functional Plant Biology||$3000|
|Health Promotion Journal of Australia||$3000|
|Historical Records of Australian Science||$3000|
|International Journal of Wildland Fire||$3000|
|Marine & Freshwater Research||$3000|
|Reproduction, Fertility and Development||$3000|
|The Rangeland Journal||$3000|
Open Access Author Fees are separate from and additional to any other publication charges, such as colour printing and reprints.