Awards and Prizes
Associate Editors are critical to a high quality peer-review system. International Journal of Wildland Fire relies on the skill and insights of its Associate Editors to help ensure the relevance and high technical quality of papers we publish. Associate Editors oversee the efficient review of manuscripts in a discrete subject area, and comment both on the scientific quality and novelty of papers to aid the Editors-in-Chief in their decisions.
The Editorial Advisory Committee of International Journal of Wildland Fire is pleased to offer an annual Outstanding Associate Editor Award. This award is offered to Associate Editors who have delivered a sustained and exceptional level of service to the Journal in terms of their responsiveness, thoroughness, and timeliness.
The prize comprises a framed certificate and a book voucher from CSIRO Publishing.
This award will be judged by the Editors-in-Chief.
- 2016: Geoff Cary, Australian National University
- 2015: Don McKenzie, US Forest Service & University of Washington
- 2014: Nancy French, Michigan Tech Research Institute
- 2013: Bonnie McFarlane, Natural Resources Canada
- 2012: Andrew Sullivan, CSIRO Ecosystem Sciences
- 2011: Douglas J. McRae, Canadian Forest Service
- 2010: Robert (Bob) Keane, United States Forest Service
- 2011: William T. Sommers, George Mason University